blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
News about BirdLife Photography.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Slides label 6 years 8 months ago #1275

• Doug Castle
  • Doug Castle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 34
Placing the name of bird and photographer below the slide is a good idea as it was hard to read on some slides. However the font is too large and would look better if both upper and lower case is used.keep up the good work that is done on the website. It provides a lot of enjoyment for many people.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bruce Terrill

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Slides label 6 years 8 months ago #1276

• Bruce Terrill
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 47
Hi Guys,
Yes, I agree with Doug on the size of font and also the upper and lower cases.
It is great to see the web site continually changing, for the better, congrats to those hard workers behind the scene.
Bruce

Slides label 6 years 7 months ago #1279

• Doug Castle
Looks like the slides are back to normal. Perhaps a computing hiccup.

Slides label 6 years 7 months ago #1297

• Chris Dubar
  • Thank you received: 9
Not sure what is going on here - on my PC using Edge the titles look normal with the label in the upper left corner in lower case. However on my iPad using Safari the titles are still showing as large upper case below the slide which looks terrible - this has only happened recently and used to look the same as on my PC/Edge. Hopefully will be fixed soon

Slides label 6 years 7 months ago #1301

• Doug Castle
My experience is different. Slides look normal on iPad but on iMac (Sierra) they appear with large lettering under the slide. A bug in the system somewhere.

Slides label 6 years 7 months ago #1314

• Super User
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4
Thanks for all the comments - I updated the website about a week ago and there was certainly a hiccup in the slide labelling when it was first updated - although that got fixed quite quickly. Unfortunately what can happen is that your browser loads what is called a "Style Sheet" which controls how the layout works, and once it is loaded it uses that copy for a period (to save load on your internet connection) rather than getting a fresh copy each time you access the page. You can force your browser to re-load that information but the technique to do that varies from browser to browser - on Firefox for example you hold down the Ctrl key and press F5. If you need help with your browser please email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..
As to the actual layout of the label I will discuss with Rob when he returns from holiday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Dubar

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.