blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
DPITB Geelong was held from 10th to 13th March 2017.

TOPIC:

Digital Photography in the Bush March 2017 - Geelong 7 years 10 months ago #536

• Julie Sarna
  • Julie Sarna's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
As you may have already read, our next Digital Photography in the Bush will be at the Deakin University Waterfront Campus, Corio Bay, Geelong on 11-12th March 2017. For some States this will be the Labour Day long weekend.

Geelong is approximately 75km south-west of Melbourne, and is the gateway to world class surfing beaches and the Great Ocean Road.

Geelong is easy to get to: Avalon Airport is about 25km from Geelong; Geelong railway station is about 400m from the Campus, and the road trip from Melbourne is about one hour (from the CBD).

There are plenty of accommodation alternatives in Geelong and surrounds - numerous hotels/motels, and caravan parks. See http://www.visitgeelongbellarine.com.au for more information. The closest caravan parks are at Belmont (around 4km from the campus) these are all on Barrabool Road across from Barwon River.

Riverview Tourist Park, 59 Barrabool Rd, Belmont
Riverglen Holiday Park, 75 Barrabool Rd, Belmont
Barwon River Tourist Park 153 Barrabool Rd, Belmont

We have had a great response from the local birding clubs and they will help us with leading outings before, during and after the weekend.

More to come as planning progresses.
The following user(s) said Thank You: George Pergaminelis, Richard Slaughter, Bronwyn Scanlon, Bruce Terrill

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Digital Photography in the Bush March 2017 - Geelong 7 years 10 months ago #540

• Ian Wilson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 495
This is going to be a great event especially with so much good birding available at nearby locations. I am particularly thinking of the Western Treatment Plant at Werribee for migratory waders, the haunt of the Rufous Bristlebird on the Surf Coast, salt marshes at the head of Port Philip and Corio Bays, the beaches, lakes and pond of the Bellarine Peninsula, the You Yangs for bush birds and the prospect of a pelagic trip out of Port Fairy. I look forward to catching up with old friends and meeting new ones.

Digital Photography in the Bush March 2017 - Geelong 7 years 10 months ago #557

• Kathy Zonnevylle
  • Thank you received: 9
I too am really looking forward to the event. I have booked leave from work already. The last conference in Newcastle was so informative. The talks were really well planned and presented, and I still read through the notes I made. The outings were also well hosted and many 'lifers' seen (not that I am counting of course!). Thanks to all the organizers of the Newcastle event and to those who are working hard on this one. See you there! :P

Digital Photography in the Bush March 2017 - Geelong 7 years 6 months ago #646

• Kristina Bernard
  • Thank you received: 1
Looking forward to another great event. Have already book accommodation, but registration for the event itself isn't open as yet?

Digital Photography in the Bush March 2017 - Geelong 7 years 6 months ago #647

• Rob Parker
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 113
That's right; registration isn't yet open. We need to finalise the program so that, where there are choices, people can select what they want when they register - as for previous DPITB events. We hope to have this done soon. There will be an email announcement when registration opens, and an item on our Home page.

Rob
BirdLife Photography Website Administrator

Digital Photography in the Bush March 2017 - Geelong 7 years 6 months ago #648

• Georgina Steytler
  • Thank you received: 7
Hi Ian, I am going to bags you for all of the above!!!! Looking forward to meeting everyone too!!!! The Wild West is coming!!!! :-)

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.