blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
How and where to take great bird pictures.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Paluma Qld 7 years 1 week ago #1004

• Andrew Browne
  • Andrew Browne's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 26
Thanks Jill for the info. It concurs with what Brain O'Leary told me by phone last night plus a few extra local snippets.
I've booked 5 nights camping at Lake Paluma, good to know about the pub with counter meals but I'll be trying to self cater to keep costs down as this is the first week of an 11 week road trip.
I do have a copy of Clarke & Dolby but just wanted to check if there's any new info. Thanks to input from Brian, yourself and others I now have a rough plan for my visit to Paluma.
Good to chat with Brian O'Leary last night, and also had a chance to chat with him about his water spray technique (I plan to try this in my travels on this trip) and also the use of mealworms and earthworms.
Thanks again, Cheers AB
Cheers AB

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Paluma Qld 7 years 5 days ago #1009

• Warren Wilson
  • Thank you received: 6

Andrew Browne wrote: ..... I'll persist and publish my trip progress on the Forum as I move from locality to locality over the weeks from when I leave Melbourne late April until my return mid-July.....

Andrew, I'll look forward to your trip progress as my wife & I will probably visit this area for (hopefully) some serious birding later in the year.

Warren Wilson

Paluma Qld 7 years 2 days ago #1012

• Bruce Terrill
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 47
Hi Andrew,
I've recently returned from Townsville and I met my daughter in law's father for the first time and he is a mad keen birder and outdoorsman. From memory he kept on talking about Crystal Creek and I know it's an area that my son regularly visited for 'playtime' but if you contact me I will pass on his phone number because I know that he knows this area like the back of his hand. . .
BTW guys , could someone point me to a link for Brian O'leary's "Water spray Technique", I'd love to have a read.
Sorry folks I'm having terrible trouble seeing and reading the keyboard, I've had a decent crack over the nut and actually cracked me nut, so it's not working too well at the moment. . .
Bruce
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Browne

Paluma Qld 7 years 2 days ago #1013

• Rob Parker
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 113
You can - not unsurprisingly - find a link to Brian O'Leary's "Water spray Technique" in the Tom Oliver Award 2015 menu item of this website. There's also a link there to the associated video.
BirdLife Photography Website Administrator

Paluma Qld 6 years 11 months ago #1046

• Andrew Browne
  • Andrew Browne's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 26
My Paluma and Cape York trip unfortunately has been put on hold probably until next year. I was due to leave at the end of this month but, after selling our house last November and living in a rental since then, we purchased a townhouse last week with a 40 day settlement! So home duties for me for the next 8 weeks, then perhaps I'll do a shorter trip in June . Thanks for the input though. Cheers AB
Cheers AB

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.