blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
News about BirdLife Photography.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Digital Image Requests 8 years 8 months ago #233

• Graham Cam
  • Graham Cam's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 38
You will have seen the recent email I sent out to Members asking for a global approval for images requested by a website being developed at Macquarie University for endangered species in NSW.
I am still working through the large number of responses I received and I thank all those who responded. It is clear that the majority of our Members are happy for the Committee to make such approvals for the use of their images without seeking ongoing individual approvals. This makes the request process particularly time-efficient for large scale image requests.
I had a very quick conversation with Rob Parker yesterday (he is now returned from an exciting overseas adventure) and Rob has suggested that for the upload of future images we will look at adding a another permissions button where you can give approval for your images to be used by third parties for the purpose of conservation applications and most importantly where the third party is not receiving any financial returns from the use of your images. I will keep you updated on this.
The current policy of third parties requesting high resolution images will remain the same - that is, the third party is always directed to contact the owner of the image who holds the high resolution images and it is at your discretion whether you request a stipend for their use.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Digital Image Requests 8 years 8 months ago #268

• Sonja Ross
  • Thank you received: 1
If that third button is put in place, it would be good (if it is technically possible) for there to be a short notification message about that sort of use as a courtesy to members, ideally giving the user and the planned use of the image.

Re: Digital Image Requests 8 years 8 months ago #275

• Graham Cam
  • Graham Cam's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 38
Hi Sonja,
There are ongoing discussions with Dave Torr and Rob Parker re: upgrades and new functions for the new website. The issue you raise is especially important for the Committee in making the image request process seamless and most efficient. I will keep you updated.

Thanks

Graham

Re: Digital Image Requests 8 years 8 months ago #277

• Sonja Ross
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks, Graham.

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.