blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
General discussion areas.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Nik collection 6 years 7 months ago #1400

• Paul Jensen
  • Paul Jensen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
I have downloaded the Nik collection and can not get it to work with Elements 11.
I have read the forums and downloaded several times but no luck.
Any suggestions please

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Nik collection 6 years 7 months ago #1401

• Bruce Terrill
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 47
Hi Paul,
Welcome to the Forum.
Graham Cam is the 'go-to' Guy with regards the Nik Collection.
He also wrote some articles on the different products within the collection and I'm pretty (100%) sure that the articles are available in the "Resources" section of the Forum.
Check the Banners at the top of the page, click on resources and do a search. . .
HTH,
Bruce

Nik collection 6 years 7 months ago #1402

• Glenn Pure
  • Thank you received: 204
Paul, I recently downloaded and successfully installed the Nik collection in my old version of PSE (version 9). Can you describe step by step what you are doing and what seems to be going wrong?

Nik collection 6 years 7 months ago #1403

• Paul Jensen
I have downloaded the program from the website and installed it . Go through without any problems.
I then open a photo in Elements and click on Filter/Other and Dfine isn't there. I think the other way to open it File/Automation Tools and it isn't there also.
I have downloaded the program three times and installed it six time.

Nik collection 6 years 7 months ago #1404

• Glenn Pure
  • Thank you received: 204
Hi Paul
Sorry if you've already considered the installation requirements but in case not...
I assume you have checked that your system is compatible? You must have Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 or for Mac OS X 10.7 through 10.10.
Instructions say you must close PSE and any other image editing software before installing Nik.
During installation, the installer is supposed to automatically locate your image editing software and install it in the right location. It's possible this has gone wrong. It appears you can change these settings during installation. For PSE, the plugins should be installed in a folder called Plugins in PSE.
I don't know if Nik installation requires administrator privileges but it wouldn't hurt to log in as an administrator before installing if you haven't already done this.
In Windows, the actual software installs under the Programs folder in a subfolder Google> Nik Collection. In the plugins folder in PSE, there is a subfolder Google with further subfolders for each Nik tool (see screenshot). This has shortcuts to the actual applications installed in the Programs folder. It may be that Nik has installed these shortcuts in the wrong place. You can try searching your system for these shortcuts and physically moving them to the PSE Plugins folder but keep them in the 'Google' folder. DO NOT move the actual Nik applications - only the shortcuts. If you are using Apple, I'm not sure what the setup is there. Maybe others can help with that.

If none of this works or you don't follow some of it, please post further details including full details of your computer operating system, all image manipulation software (if you have other software besides PSE installed) and any specific questions.

Nik collection 6 years 7 months ago #1405

• Paul Jensen
Thanks Glenn, I have windows 10. Could this be the problem?

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.