blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
General discussion areas.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Instagram 5 years 10 months ago #1731

• Bruce Terrill
  • Bruce Terrill's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 47
Hi Guys,

Just a quick thought, one of the random ones that enters my empty space at times. . .
Currently all the images being sourced by Tim are from The Premier Section and while I understand and agree with this, there is very little chance of the 90% rank and file members seeing their images posted onto our new Instagram account and I believe that further thought should be given to this subject, otherwise it's just going to be a showcase for our 'Best of the Best'. . .
Thoughts from you Guys are needed because it is a communal effort and my personal congratulations to Tim.
For those of you who have not read this full Thread/Link/Thingie, Richard explained to me that there is a direct link to 'our' Instagram account on the Home Page at right hand end of the mai title.

Bruce

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Instagram 5 years 10 months ago #1732

• Peter Johnston
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 38
Graham and Tim
Just want to say, what a fantastic initiative.
That's one of the best moves I've seen to strengthen and secure the future of both Birdlife Australia and BLP.
I applaud all concerned. Bravo!
Kindest regards.
Peter Johnston.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bruce Terrill

Instagram 5 years 10 months ago #1733

• Peter Johnston
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 38
Hi Bruce
Though my pictures are not represented on the BLP Instagram site. I am fully behind Tim and the committee on this one.
This is another vehicle to reach the goal of being the 'go to site' for bird related images. This will attract more interest from the broader public and therefore, hopefully, increase the help for our feathered friends. After all, that's what I'm here for.
I see this as another incentive to get off my lasy bum and improve my photography skills. First, by getting images worthy of the Premier section and then, hopefully, the Instagram site.
If we do become the number 1 bird photography site, we may then attract the best photographers and again more interest from the public and organizations, so, therefore again, more help for the birds.
I, certainly understand your point that some members may struggled to have pictures selected. I, myself, had to put my ego aside and think of the big picture.
I, hope most members share the dream.
Thanks Bruce, for asking about the elephant in the room.
Cheers
Peter.

Instagram 5 years 10 months ago #1734

• Glenn Pure
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 204
Hi all... regarding selection of images, I understand Tim Van Leeuwen and Graham Cam (president) have discussed strategy on image selection for the launch of this site but I've not be directly involved. I'm not surprised they've decided to launch this with the better quality images in our collection. Over time, I imagine the selection policy will change as the site becomes more established and would support efforts to open this up to images in galleries other than the Premier Bird Images gallery however, I think it's right to launch this with the best material we have so we can build up a following first.

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.