blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
Discussions about cameras, lenses, accessories, and image-processing.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Lighting and Colour Adjustment 101 6 years 2 months ago #1549

• Mark Davidson
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi Ian, I'm not sure where or when I created the impression that I'm a Canon user apart from owning a very versatile Canon Powershot G11 then a G12 both of which I used for inspection when I was in oil and gas construction not so long ago. Anyway, almost all my kit is Olympus OM-D E-M1, first MkI when released in 2013 and now the MkII, of which I have two bodies. Body A has the Olympus 300mm f/4 lens with 1.4xTC while body B has Panasonic 100-300mm f/4-5.6. Other lenses include 12-40mm f/2.8, 60mm f/2.8 macro and 12-100mm f/4 which is a versatile travel lens. While I acknowledge the limiitations of the smaller sensor Body A plus power battery handle plus 300 f/4 weighs less than 2kg and I can carry and use it all day effortlessly. Cheers and all the best, Mark
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bruce Terrill

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lighting and Colour Adjustment 101 6 years 2 months ago #1550

• Bruce Terrill
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 47
Well done with your equipment choices Mark,
I've often wondered what "The Darkside" would be like?
As you say, small and light, plenty of reach but with limitations. . .
Bruce

Lighting and Colour Adjustment 101 6 years 2 months ago #1551

• Ian Wilson
  • Ian Wilson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 495
Thanks fpr the clarification Mark. Not sure where or when I gained the impression you were a Canon shooter, I should have checked before asking my question, sorry I made this mistake. It makes perfect sense that you would be trying out LR and ACR with your Olympus gear.
Kind regards, Ian

Lighting and Colour Adjustment 101 6 years 2 months ago #1552

• Bruce Terrill
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 47
You're not on your own with this one Ian, for some very strange reason, I had also assumed that Mark was a Canon shooter?
Bruce

Lighting and Colour Adjustment 101 6 years 2 months ago #1553

• Mark Davidson
  • Thank you received: 5
A touch of myopia there lads. Cheers, Mark

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.