blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
General discussion areas.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Adam Higgins 8 years 4 months ago #386

• Adam Higgins
  • Adam Higgins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I have always had an interest in photography, art and nature and used to use a Minolta SLR but unfortunately it was stolen and the insurance company replaced with a new beaut compact digital camera which managed to kill my passion for a while. A few years ago I bought a Nikon D5100 for work and played around a little but nothing serious until earlier this year I decided I wanted to take some wildlife photos, a couple of good shots encouraged me and I was hooked.

My wife was trying to encourage me to get another job when my youngest starts school next year (I currently run my own business teaching karate so work evenings). I decided to get more serious into photography as another income as the idea for working for someone else does not interest me so I purchased a Nikon D810 and then a Tamron 150-600 zoom lens to take sports photography, which is also quite handy for my wildlife photography hobby.

Have been really loving trying to shoot as many different birds as I can, and have now started to move from just recording birds for the count to trying to really think about the shot to get a good angle, background etc.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Adam Higgins 8 years 4 months ago #387

• Les Peters
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 49
Hi Adam, I hope you pick up some useful ideas/tips, and maybe you'll give us some too. A warm welcome.

Re: Adam Higgins 8 years 4 months ago #388

• Ian Wilson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 496
Great to see you posting here Adam. I hope you enjoy your time with BLP and I very much look forward to seeing some good work from you. Where are you based? There may be some nearby BLP members you can hook up with. Welcome and good shooting.

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.