blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
General discussion areas.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Uploading images with multiple species. 7 years 1 month ago #916

• Anna Browne
  • Anna Browne's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi all,

when I was uploading my first image with multiple species, I couldn't figure out how to list the species all together. If anyone could tell me how it's done, it would be much appreciated.

thanks,
Simone

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Uploading images with multiple species. 7 years 1 month ago #918

• Glenn Pure
  • Thank you received: 199
Hi Simone, when in that part of the 'upload images' page, the instructions state: 'You must specify the species in the photo by selecting one or more entries (use the Ctrl/Cmd key to select multiple entries) from the adjacent list...' You may have missed these instructions which are to the left of the long list of bird species. So in this case, from the list of species, click on the first one you want to include and it will be added. Then scroll to the next species and, while holding down the 'Control' key on your keyboard (Windows users), click it. It will be added too. This can be repeated as many times as necessary to add more species.

Hope that helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anna Browne

Uploading images with multiple species. 7 years 1 month ago #920

• Anna Browne
  • Anna Browne's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Thanks Glen, I'll give it a go.

Simone

Uploading images with multiple species. 7 years 1 month ago #922

• Rob Parker
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 113
To expand a little on Glenn's explanation: you can use the Search box to filter the list of species available to select, and the Reset button beside that box will reset the search filter without clearing your current selection(s). Just remember to hold down the Ctrl/Cmd key when selecting additional species, or your new selection will replace the current one.

Note also that there was a bug with multiple selections when using Apple's Safari browser; this has now been fixed.

Rob
BirdLife Photography Website Administrator

Last edit: by Rob Parker. Reason: Update on bug fix
  • Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.