blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Enlarging an image 5 years 11 months ago #1698

• Bruce Terrill
  • Bruce Terrill's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 47
Hi Guys,
I'm just wondering if it is possible to click on a button or some icon to be able to enlarge an image for a closer view during the voting process?
I don't know if this has been discussed before but I can't seem to find it?
I believe that it would be helpful to be able to pan around an image and, for example, check the eye for critical focus. . .
If this has been discussed before, could someone point me in the right direction and if it is, indeed, available, could someone point in the right direction?
Thanks Guys, and Mr Grumpy, if you happen to be tuned in,
Bruce

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Enlarging an image 5 years 11 months ago #1699

• Rob Parker
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 113
Hi Bruce,

You can use your web browser's zoom capability to enlarge an image. You'll find this in the Options/Settings menu, via a small 3-dot or 3-bar icon at the right end of the browser's toolbar in Chrome, Edge, and Firefox browsers. The Zoom setting in this menu has buttons to decrease or increase the zoom factor (up to 500% for Chrome, 1000% for Edge, 300% for Firefox). Some quick testing shows that this will (normally - I've seen different behaviour at times but can't reliably reproduce) only zoom an image until it fits within the browser window width, so your effective maximum zoom setting for an image is limited by your screen resolution.

Hope this helps,

Rob
BirdLife Photography Website Administrator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bruce Terrill

Enlarging an image 5 years 11 months ago #1700

• Bruce Terrill
  • Bruce Terrill's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 47
Thanks Robert,
There was a picture that was certainly worthy of a second look but it was dark around the face and eyes and I was trying to enlarge it to see if the photog had indeed acquired correct focus or whether it was blurry.
Thank-you for your assistance,
Bruce

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.