blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
News about BirdLife Photography.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New forum users 6 years 11 months ago #1077

• Peter Johnston
  • Peter Johnston's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 38
Hi all
I have been noticing lots of new online users on the forum, gee!, that's great to see.
If possible, could someone on the committee give us a number of how many forum users there are?.
For the benefit of members not residing in Melbourne, l would like to encourage more people to post an introduction (don't forget an avatar), we are all friends of kindred spirit.
Cheers
Peter Johnston.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

New forum users 6 years 11 months ago #1078

• Rob Parker
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 113
One of the questions we asked in our membership survey in mid-2016 was about what website resources people utilized. Sadly, at that time, only about 10% of respondents (of which there were about 400) listed forum participation as something they used. And less than 30% of respondents accessed the website regularly.

I can get actual numbers by analyzing data from the website's database, but I don't have time to do that right now. I'll do so in the next day or two and post the results here. From memory, when I looked at this several months ago, about 70 members - about 10% of our current membership - had posted at least one message to the forum.

Rob
BirdLife Photography Website Administrator

New forum users 6 years 11 months ago #1079

• Peter Johnston
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hi Rob
Thanks for the quick reply,
Please, don't go to any trouble sifting through data, I know how little spare time you have.
Hey gang, if you regularly upload images or have a comment on the forum, let us 'out of towners' know a bit about you .Chances are, that we will eventually meet sometime in the future.
Happy birding.
Peter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bruce Terrill

New forum users 6 years 11 months ago #1082

• Bruce Terrill
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 47
Hi Peter,
Not trying to kill your enthusiasm but when I joined into this forum, I tried, right up to the point of being very blunt even at committee level to get pepole to post 'anything' and I mean anything onto This Forum, but unfortunately I still have the scars to prove my fruitless efforts. For some very strange reason, people join this forum so that they can remain silent! Watch in amazement as time ticks by my friend.
Anyway, I'm Bruce, I live in Ballarat and I will have a chat with you whenever you like. I believe that we use similar equipment with Nikon D500 and Nikkor 200-500 zoom lens? If you are looking for a kindred spirit there is always Ian Wilson to help with your answers, brilliant mind, fantastic photographer and great friend. . .
Bruce

New forum users 6 years 11 months ago #1083

• Rob Parker
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 113
Here are the real numbers, as of a few minutes ago.
Members who have posted at least once to forum: 85
Members who have posted more than once to forum: 51
Members who have read forum posts (while logged in - no data available for non-logged-in users): 251

Rob
BirdLife Photography Website Administrator

New forum users 6 years 11 months ago #1084

• Peter Johnston
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hi Bruce
Thought that I would try and get some of the newer forum users a bit more involved, by encouraging them to post an introduction, I would like add some personality to these mysterious names.
Failing that, there is still the solid core of regular users that are always happy to share their knowledge and experiences.
Personally, I am very happy with the forum, it has always come to my rescue. Thanks to Ian, Glenn, Rob and yourself, and I truly believe that it will get bigger and better.
I can always depend on you if ever I need assistance and I appreciate that, thank you Bruce.
Cheers Peter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bruce Terrill

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.