blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Nikkor 300mm F2.8 (UPDATE) Please read. . . 6 years 3 months ago #1568

• Bruce Terrill
  • Bruce Terrill's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 47
[/b]Hi Guys,

Regretfully I have to sell my brand new Nikkor 300mm F2.8G ED VRII lens.
This lens is approx 8months old and is in 'as new' condition. It is unmarked and as yet I haven't sent away the warranty slip.
For the point of this exercise, I sent the lens to Camera-Clinic in Melbourne, Nikon's authorized repair/testing facility and had the lens tested.
It has been returned with a perfect score card, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this lens.
It will also be supplied with brand new (fitted) LensCoat camo protection sleeves.
The reason for sale is due to my back injury and the fact that I am unable to walk any distance with this lens and camera attached and I certainly can't walk around with it attached to a tripod.
This lens was my 'dream' lens and unfortunately I am unable to use/keep it. I am going to replace it with a Nikkor 300mm F4E PF lens for the lower weight.
This lens won't be free but is certainly priced to sell. . .
Please either ring or text on 0401 413794

Cheers,
Bruce

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Bruce Terrill.

Nikkor 300mm F2.8 (UPDATE) Please read. . . 6 years 2 months ago #1589

• Bruce Terrill
  • Bruce Terrill's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 47
Hi Guys,
As you know I am now unable to carry heavy camera equipment around for any length of time and I have been trying to sell my 300mm F2.8 G VRII Prime lens.
As it stands now, the most that I have been offered for my lens as a trade-in on a new 300mm F4E VR lens is $3000. Obviously this is just the camera companies trying to get an $7500 lens for next to nothing. Well, I have to sell the lens to get the 300mm F4 that I need, so instead of selling to a camera company, I am prepared to sell the lens to anyone who wants it for the $3000 offered. I would much prefer that one of you guys gets a great lens at a fantastic price than a camera company getting it for next to nothing and then marking it up for sale.
Pretty good opportunity guys, near new 300mm prime Nikkor for less than half price. . .
Bruce

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.