blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
News about BirdLife Photography.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

The ideal composition of the 2017 Committee 7 years 1 month ago #954

• Graham Cam
  • Graham Cam's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 38
Good Morning All,

In 2015 I actively sought committee members from the full range of Australian States and territories. Yes, this was a big ask and it was reasonably successful. I felt it was important to have voices across Australia and not run the risk of being viewed as having an east coast bias.
Until recently, we were fortunate to have committee members from WA, SA, VIC, NSW & QLD.

As the committee currently stands and if there are no nominations received for 2017 we will have representation from ACT, NSW & VIC, with three non-elected roles from QLD, ACT & VIC.

When making decisions on behalf of the membership the committee does take into account our Australia wide membership. Nonetheless, a restricted representation deprives the committee of regional knowledge, needs and views.

Therefore, I ask that members from WA, SA, QLD, TAS & NT consider nominating for the committee.

2017 is an ideal time to join the committee as this coming year is one of ‘relaxed soaring’ compared to the workload for 2016, with so many projects completed, including DPITB, the latter of which has filled the last 12 months for both Julie and myself. It will soon be over and we all feel sure a great success for all involved.

I should point out that being on the committee is a most enjoyable role. Please ask any of the current committee and I know they will agree. There is never a ‘cross word’ between committee members and we all work willingly for the benefit of members. The current committee is collegiate and supportive of each other and members, and has been so supportive of all the initiatives and associated projects that I have asked them to undertake over the last two years. It is true that two of the committee will step down as committee members at this AGM but they are staying on in the BLP family to continue in essential roles, which I think speaks for itself. Thank you so much - Julie and Kim.

A committee nomination form is attached to a previous post and should be scanned or photographed and emailed to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Regards

Graham

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Rob Parker. Reason: typos
  • Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.