blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
General discussion areas.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Publishing bird photos 5 years 11 months ago #1692

• Shane Baker
  • Thank you received: 2
Gidday Simon

As a newbie, I've found the FB bird groups very helpful in IDing some birds. That advice plus Menkhorst et al makes be pretty confident I've tagged my images appropriately.

Further to what Glenn said, I posted a couple of images to Feathers and Photos, but I won't in future. The tone and focus on "post" is a bit off-putting.

Regards

Shane
Shane Baker

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Publishing bird photos 5 years 10 months ago #1707

• Con Boekel
  • Thank you received: 10
Hi Michael
You might want to consider the Oriental Bird Club. I post images here when taken in the geographical area of interest. (Australia is out!) They routinely cull their images, leaving only the best images, with the result that the database for many species is excellent.
regards
Con

http://orientalbirdimages.org/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Schmid

Publishing bird photos 5 years 10 months ago #1708

• Con Boekel
  • Thank you received: 10
Hi Micahel

Another good site (IMO) for submitting images is the Internet Bird Collection.

https://www.hbw.com/ibc

Their aim is to collect stills, video and audio for every single species in the world!

There is one annoying element - ratings are by members and these can go awry when feral raters cut loose.

regards

Con
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Schmid

Publishing bird photos 5 years 10 months ago #1721

• Rodney Appleby
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 50
I use facebook (birdsphlap) and have my own website (www.phlap.com.au) to display images and will expand to a Flickr account in the next few weeks. It does take some moderate cost but a lot of time to build and maintain. The website will be a life's work for me :-). It really depends on what your objectives are for displaying your photos.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simon Pelling

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.