blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
General discussion areas.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Taking photographs of signs 5 years 7 months ago #1860

• Con Boekel
  • Con Boekel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 10
I recently spent about a month around Kingscliff in the Tweed Shire in Northern New South Wales. I was impressed with the active use of signs to reduce conflict between people and birds and also to improve conservation outcomes for birds. I have submitted an example to the Science and Management Gallery (copy attached). My suggestion would be that the site could become a useful reference library of signs for use local government authority conservation officers and local conservation groups.
regards
Con
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Taking photographs of signs 5 years 7 months ago #1861

• Rob Parker
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 113
Sounds like a reasonable idea to me. There is a slight problem with it though - the Science & Management gallery is member-only viewing, so external agencies will not be able to find things there. We'll have a think about the best way to get around this.

Rob
BirdLife Photography Website Administrator

Taking photographs of signs 5 years 7 months ago #1862

• Con Boekel
Thanks Rob.
I have another four or five and will hang fire on them for now.
regards
Con

Taking photographs of signs 5 years 7 months ago #1865

• Bruce Terrill
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 47
Hi Con,

I know that the Guys at the Ballarat office of DELWP, although it doesn't have the 'W' anymore, would be very interested in the signs.
The Ballarat Office is one of the most progressive group of blokes that I have met when it comes to wildlife management and rehabilitation.
I can mention it to them if you would like, or if you want to hold onto it for the time being, that's fine. . .

Bruce

Taking photographs of signs 5 years 7 months ago #1870

• Con Boekel
Hi Bruce
Thanks for the feedback which is encouraging. Rob is having a look at setting something up so that signs images are visible and accessible. The Committee may also want to establish some standards on top of those already in place. So I might wait to see what eventuates there.
kind regards
Con

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.