blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
Discussions about cameras, lenses, accessories, and image-processing.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Lightroom for beginners. . . 6 years 9 months ago #1153

• Bruce Terrill
  • Bruce Terrill's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 47
Hy Guys,
I have just started reading a new book that was recently released and has been sitting around here for a few months, truth is, I wish that it was published years ago and I should have started reading it months ago when I first got it. The book is; Creative Workflow In Lightroom, by Jason Bradley. ISBN # 978-0-415-74502-4 by Focal Press. It appears as if it is available in Hard Back, Paper Back and E-Book, mine is in Paperback. I've picked this up a couple of times and put it down again looking for easier ways to do things, but all the easier ways leave out the necessary preliminary work that is required to set up your 'Own' Lightroom studio and have it do all the work for you.
This book is a COMPLETE guide to setting up lightroom from the very start , well before you start importing photos. It guides you through howto name all your Folders and Metadata, and all the little things, so that when you import your images you just cull the bad, rate the good and then hit Import and all the work gets done for you and all your images are sitting there as RAW data, waiting for you to process them and then decide what to do with them, whether you Print or Publish or just Back them up onto a separate hard drive.
I'm only 60 pages into the book and now my computer is completely set up waiting for me to import images, then it will date them and file them away, as data, awaiting for me to return whenever I like and process them.
This book is a seriously good read and very educational; TOTALLY RECOMMENDED !!

Hope this helps. . .
Bruce

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.