blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
Discussions about cameras, lenses, accessories, and image-processing.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New version of Nik and DxO Photolab 5 years 9 months ago #1741

• Simon Pelling
  • Simon Pelling's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 259
Hello all

Photography news sites are reporting that DxO is now offering an updated version of the Nik software package for download and purchase. I understand that most changes relate to making the software more stable and compatible with current versions of computer operating systems. The software is no longer free.

DxO is also offering an updated version of its excellent Photolabs software with improved local adjustment tools. This is free for current owners of the software.

Simon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rodney Appleby

Please Log in to join the conversation.

New version of Nik and DxO Photolab 5 years 9 months ago #1748

• Lindsay Cooke
  • Thank you received: 6
Thank you Simon.
I will be interested to see a review of the Nik package from DxO. I have been using the previously free version from Google for several years, previously on a Mac and now a Windows 10 system. I have been using it with Photoshop on both systems found it to be very reliable and very stable.
So i wonder what's new.

Lindsay

New version of Nik and DxO Photolab 3 years 9 months ago #2425

• Ern Reeders
  • Thank you received: 1
The cloning and repair tools in PL 3.2 make it a very useful program in my view.

PL4 will bring a new level of NR, some tweaks to local adjustments controls, a record of local adjustments displayed in a right side panel as per LR, and more.

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.