blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
General discussion areas.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New BLP member 7 years 11 months ago #543

• Anthony Thompson
  • Anthony Thompson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

Towards the end of last year early this year I got hooked on shooting bird images. I enjoy photography in general from landscapes, macro's and astro/nightscapes.
Im still learning the names of the common birds found in my area. I live in Melbourne and I'm fortunate to be in very close walking distance to several excellent locations for birding - i.e. Yarrabend park and Banyule Flats..

Im looking forward to sharing my images, attending some of the field trips and meeting other like minded photographers.

Cheers
Anthony

Please Log in to join the conversation.

New BLP member 7 years 11 months ago #544

• Rob Parker
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 113
Hi Anthony, and a warm welcome to BirdLife Photography. We look forward to seeing some of your work in our gallery, and I'd encourage you to participate in our regular photo competitions and ID Challenges on the website - should be another of those soon.

BirdLife Photography is essentially an internet-based organisation; our only regular "get-togethers" are our Digital Photography in the Bush events, held at roughly 2-year intervals - the next one will be in March 2017, at Geelong. I suggest that you also come along to the BirdLife Melbourne Photography Group outings; if you're not aware of them, see this page on this website. I look forward to meeting you at one of their outings.

Rob
BirdLife Photography Website Administrator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anthony Thompson

New BLP member 7 years 11 months ago #545

• Anthony Thompson
  • Anthony Thompson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Rob.

I was referring to the "Activities" run by the local Melbourne birdlife branch.. Ive upload a few of my images. Im just waiting for them to be approved..

Cheers
Anthony

New BLP member 7 years 11 months ago #546

• Ian Wilson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 496
Good to see you already posting images Anthony. Hope to meet you soon on one of the BirdLife Melbourne Photography outings.
Cheers, Ian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anthony Thompson

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.