blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
General discussion areas.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Des Hokin 6 years 11 months ago #1091

• Desmond Hokin
  • Desmond Hokin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 11
Hi everyone, long time lurker myself.

I've been keeping tabs with this community for a while but have decided I need to carve out more of my time for this stuff. (Life's too short to be workin, workin, working ;) )

I've been taking photos for a few years now, but have reached a bit of a plateau. Hoping to break through that with feedback from this community.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian Wilson

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Des Hokin 6 years 11 months ago #1092

• Ian Wilson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 496
Good to meet you Des and thanks for taking the trouble to introduce yourself. I hope you have a happy and productive time here at BLP. Don't hesitate to ask questions and make sure you engage with our community in whatever interests you. Best wishes, Ian.

Des Hokin 6 years 11 months ago #1093

• Peter Johnston
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 38
Hi Des
Welcome my friend.
You have come to the right site to improve your photography. I've mentioned to others, the Post Processing Work Flow by Glenn and Ian in the April 2016 newsletter is a little beauty, highly recommended.
If you want some helpful feedback, maybe you can post an image on the new Critique gallery. I will too, as soon as I get the courage.
I will be looking out for your images.
Cheers Peter Johnston

Des Hokin 6 years 11 months ago #1101

• Desmond Hokin
  • Desmond Hokin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 11
Thankyou both for the warm welcome :)

thanks Peter, I did make a quick scan through the newsletter, will set aside some time this weekend to read it fully.

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.