blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
General discussion areas.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Annette Sibson 6 years 10 months ago #1144

• Annette Sibson
  • Annette Sibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hiya, my name is Annette Sibson and I'm a bird photographer. :)
I live in Townsville, North Queensland and have been a keen bird watcher since I was very young.
I am now able to indulge my passion on a much higher level, with both time and better quality equipment available to me.
I'm a member of the Townsville Bird club and bird photography group. I enjoy the club outings and love to explore areas on my own.
My husband and I are fisher people, frequenting the local islands and reef, which opens up new areas for me to find exciting birds.
I probably should add that I'm a canon girl currently using an 80D with 100-400 ll. A combination that I'm loving, it's light enough for me
to carry for hours and will stand up to being in the boat and on the beach.
Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian Wilson

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Annette Sibson. Reason: Forgot camera info

Annette Sibson 6 years 10 months ago #1145

• Desmond Hokin
  • Thank you received: 11
hey Annette, welcome! Look forward to seeing your photos in the galleries soon :)

Annette Sibson 6 years 10 months ago #1147

• Peter Johnston
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 38
Hi Annette
Good to hear a little about yourself.
You live in a great part of the country, I love the birds of the northern tropics. With that handy equipment of yours, you can get some beautiful pictures.
Don't be shy to ask any questions about photography or editing, the forum has some talented people eager to help.
All the best with your photography.
Peter

Annette Sibson 6 years 10 months ago #1148

• Ian Wilson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 496
Nice to meet you Annette or, maybe we have already met at the Ingham DPITB conference, your name seems familiar. We were treated to warm hospitality by your bird club with outings around Townsville before moving up to Ingham for the conference proper. We owe the Townsville birders plenty so if there is any little thing you think I might be able to help with, then please ask here on the Forum. Welcome and may the bird photography gods smile on you.

Annette Sibson 6 years 10 months ago #1157

• Annette Sibson
  • Annette Sibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi, thank you for the welcome..
This is such a great site, stunning photos, great challenges..

cheers

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.