blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
General discussion areas.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hi 5 years 9 months ago #1778

• Jack Shick
  • Jack Shick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
I just wanted to introduce myself, I live and work on lord Howe Island a small Island about 600km due east of Port Macquarie. I am married with two girls 23 and 21. Wildlife has been part of my life from when I can remember, my Dad is a keen birder so I guess I got the bug from him. I have been taking pictures from film days and have only been taking shots of birds since the digital era... couldn't afford to with film. Lord Howe only has a small number of land birds but large numbers of sea birds. I run pelagic trips on my boat to Balls Pyramid about once a week so you never know what vagrant seabird will show up. I'm keen to take my photography to the next level instead of just the record shot, cheers Jack.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rodney Appleby

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hi 5 years 9 months ago #1779

• Ian Wilson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 495
Hi Jack,

Welcome to BLP. From what I have seen of your work I would say you are already an accomplished photographer. There are lots of avenues for further improvement; some photographers want to polish up their technical skills, while others seek to be more creative, and some want to improve in both departments. I think some of the best ways to make progress is to ask questions, study the work of the best photographers, become involved in critiquing images and enter some competitions. There are lots of opportunities at BLP to engage in various ways and I encourage you to log in and cruise around the website to find what interests you. Don't entirely forget about ID shots because BLP has under construction a major national bird ID gallery and we need images of the special seabirds that visit the waters around your home. I hope you find what you want here and enjoy your membership.

Cheers, Ian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.