blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
General discussion areas.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

hello from Wollondilly 5 years 4 months ago #1988

• Petar Belobrajdic
  • Petar Belobrajdic's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all,

I am Petar also known as poida, i live in the wollondilly area of Macarthur region.

i been doing photography for few years now mostly landscape, Nature.(Petar B Photography)

Been trying to get bird shots in between as area around me has huge abundance of bird species.

Was not till earlier this year i seen Sacred kingfisher near bargo river i started thinking about getting new lens as one i had was always soft with bad CA on any length.. i gave up after couple weeks.

then recently last month i seen kingfisher photos from another photographer made me think about going thirlmere lakes again (supposedly 150 species of birds there) seen 2 kingfishers in the area manage to get an ok shot of and rufous fantail.

finally thought stuff it time for new wildlife lens and get stuck into it. to my surprise sacred kingfisher rocks up in back yard... idk if that is a sign or not but man i was excited and that first shot with so much detail spent every morning at thirlmere lakes N.P. my fave would have to be the little black cormorant flying after motorbike scared it off near the lake..

ill be marking every bird i find on my little google map around thirlmere lakes hopefully i can find all 150 species or even 100 who knows time will tell i am happily hooked.

Poida B
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

hello from Wollondilly 5 years 4 months ago #1994

• Simon Pelling
  • Away
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 260
Hi Petar/Poida

Sorry that no one has responded yet. I think we are all busy at this time of the year, or travelling.

Anyway welcome to the BirdLife Phito site. I hope you enjoy your membership with us. Bird photography is such a rewarding activity, I am not surprised you are getting hooked. If you want advice on getting equipment post something on our forum. I am sure that people will be happy to help although you may need to be patient over Christmas!

Cheers

Simon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Petar Belobrajdic

hello from Wollondilly 5 years 4 months ago #1995

• Desmond Hokin
  • Thank you received: 11
Welcome Poida, those are some lovely first shorts you’ve got there. Looking forward to seeing some more soon.

Last edit: by Desmond Hokin.

hello from Wollondilly 5 years 4 months ago #1996

• Glenn Pure
  • Thank you received: 204
Hi Petar: a warm welcome from me too. Hope you have lots of fun pursuing your hobby and find our site a rewarding place to share and learn more.

Cheers
Glenn

hello from Wollondilly 5 years 3 months ago #2002

• Petar Belobrajdic
  • Petar Belobrajdic's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi thanks everyone for the welcome.

Been busy the past week and with the heat had no chance to head out in bush :(
hopefully soon so i can share my experience and photos with everyone.

i have been enjoying going through the gallery or reading the newsletter a lot of good info.

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.