blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
General discussion areas.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Assistance 7 years 9 months ago #584

• Margaret McInerney
  • Margaret McInerney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Being new to this group and still learning techniques with camera and processing of images, I was wondering if here I can get some assistance, mainly in processing of images.
I have the Corel Paintshop Pro which has similar attributes as Photoshop, and Lightroom installed on my computer.
If I was to upload a photograph is anyone willing to process it and instruct me what has been done?
I would like to learn more before I upgrade my Camera, which now is only a Canon EOS Kiss/ 600D?
If this is not something that this group does, please don’t hesitate to inform me.
Many thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Assistance 7 years 9 months ago #586

• Les Peters
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 49
Hello Margaret,

I would be pleased to help you as best I can. I use Photoshop and Lightroom myself, but I think we may still be able to get together some useful feedback for you to give you a clear picture of what sort of things you can do with post processing..

But be warned... I'm a Nikon user. :-)

Best wishes,
les
The following user(s) said Thank You: Margaret McInerney

Assistance 7 years 9 months ago #588

• Glenn Pure
  • Thank you received: 199
You will find material in the newsletter - have a look back over as many issues as you can as I'm sure you'll find material of use. Some material is quite current including some basic image processing workflows that I wrote up for the last newsletter. As a Canon user, I'd recommend you do your initial RAW processing in the free Canon Digital Photo Professional software that comes with all Canon DSLRs. You should download the latest software version for your camera from the Canon website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Margaret McInerney

Assistance 7 years 9 months ago #589

• Margaret McInerney
Glen
Thank you for reply, have downloaded, the Canon software, will set my camera to raw as you suggest, and try my hand at producing better images

Cheers
Margaret

Assistance 7 years 9 months ago #590

• Margaret McInerney
Les
thank you for your assistance, at present I notice the website upload is disabled, so cannot produce a photograph at this time.
Nikon, Canon, is that like Collingwood and Carlton.

Assistance 7 years 9 months ago #591

• Les Peters
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 49
Yes, it is a bit like the football clubs, but I don't know how much longer the rivalry can continue. The sale of point and shoot cameras has been dropping for many years and has now reached the point of unprofitability. There's surprisingly few DSLRs being sold these days too. It's the time of the Go-Pros, iphones and the like. :- (

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.