blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
General discussion areas.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Shark's Corner 7 years 9 months ago #595

• Georgina Steytler
  • Georgina Steytler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 7
What do people think about having a section of the forum where people who want genuine feedback on photos can post images for others to critique (and not just for platitudes)?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Shark's Corner 7 years 9 months ago #598

• Les Peters
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 49
Hello Georgina,

When designing the headings for the "trial forum", there was a heading created for this, and it's still there - 'Post your pictures for feedback'.

Very few people have used it and some of the commentary on the images were, for me at least, a little school-masterish and not very encouraging. This was not intentional, I sure, but postings under this heading quickly disappeared.

I did wonder whether people would be happier posting without using their name, but this proved too difficult to arrange in the first forum.

I had also thought that we might put up some pictures with some deliberate common faults, so that this might get some feedback flowing. That's still a possibility.

Shark's Corner 7 years 9 months ago #604

• Georgina Steytler
  • Georgina Steytler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 7
Thanks Les - I did realise this after I put the post out re the current "Post your pictures for feedback". I still think it may be a goer however and after what you said maybe even better to rename it 'shark's corner' on the understanding that feedback will be given - polite and constructive feedback, and not just platitudes. Then only those prepared for it will post.

On the other hand, i like your suggestion for putting up photos with deliberate common faults and getting feedback going. One option is for me to post my own such photos (PLENTY of those!) Maybe that is the answer, I post my bad photos and let people say how they would fix them. That way we all get benefit. What do you think of that?

Also, if people want anonymous, they can send their photos to me which they want help with or to just see how others would 'post-process' or change - and I will post under 'anonymous' on their behalf, at random.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Schmid

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.