blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
General discussion areas.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New desktop computer 3 years 8 months ago #2491

• Glenn Pure
  • Thank you received: 204
It's worth adding that you should look at the system requirements (on the software provider's website) when working out your new specification. The most demanding software applications are going to be your photo processing and Neat Image. Also bear in mind that the main benefit of spending more and getting a better CPU or more RAM is to make things happen a little faster. If you are happy to wait an extra 5 or 10 seconds for the most demanding tasks to complete (in my experience, that's Neat Image noise reduction), then save yourself some money on the specifications. So an Intel i5 processor with 8GB of RAM will work but an i7 with 16GB RAM will work considerably faster.

In addition to the Intel CPUs (processors like the i5 and i7) there are also equivalents produced by competitor AMD. These are just as good and sometimes a little less expensive for the same processing power.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rodney Appleby

Please Log in to join the conversation.

New desktop computer 3 years 8 months ago #2492

• Robin Spry
  • Robin Spry's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
I have ordered my new computer and hopefully it will do the job. I have yet to decide on which noise reduction software to get. I will wait until I have the new system as this one will probably die....thanks everyone, much appreciated. Robin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.