blp shabash 430x45

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
How and where to take great bird pictures.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Images of birds in captivity

Images of birds in captivity 2 years 10 months ago #506

• Con Boekel
  • Con Boekel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 10
I am wondering whether BLP has a policy on images of birds in captivity or in semi-captivity. Some sites allow such images provided that it is made clear that the birds are in captivity. Others appear to have no policy. One potential issue is that birds in captivity may not have 'true' plumage. From an aesthetic point of view such birds may be pinioned or ringed.
regards
Con

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Con Boekel. Reason: fault of writer

Images of birds in captivity 2 years 10 months ago #509

• Rob Parker
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 65
There is no formal policy regarding this; to the best of my knowledge, it has never been discussed at Committee level. There are certainly images of captive birds in our galleries - we have many images of birds at Serendip Sanctuary, some of which are caged (for their protection); there are probably images from other similar places. It's not an issue that has caused us any concern to date.

Rob

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.