blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
General discussion areas.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hi from Shane 5 years 3 months ago #2007

• Shane Walker
  • Shane Walker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi, my name is Shane Walker everybody calls me Wiz, I live in Devonport Tasmania, been a photographer for at least 30 years now lost track haha, but been a Canon camera operator since I have started.I work on the Spirit Of Tasmania 2 and work month on and month off, the month off I am out and about taking images to my hearts content. I mainly take landscapes and car photography, but over the years in my spare time I have been taking images of birds, which I find challenging.
Im glad I have found Birdlife Photography site to display some of my images.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian Wilson

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hi from Shane 5 years 3 months ago #2008

• Rob Parker
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 113
Hi Shane - welcome to BirdLife Photography. Lots of Canon users here, and all pretty friendly :-) Like your shots - and the month on/month off sounds like an interesting life style, and seems to give you opportunity to photograph in places outside Tasmania..

Rob
BirdLife Photography Website Administrator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shane Walker

Hi from Shane 5 years 3 months ago #2009

• Ian Wilson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 496
Welcome to BLP Shane. I hope you enjoy your membership and find your time here worthwhile. You are off to a good start with the posting of a few nice images and those attached below. One of the things we encourage new members to do is post a few images to the Critique Gallery. It is very rare that we get new members, even very experienced photographers, who arrive 'fully fledged' as bird photographers. It is one of the most difficult branches of wildlife photography and there are lots of little details that need attention ranging from field craft to camera settings and composition to post-processing. I therefore encourage you to post a few images to the Critique Gallery and don't hesitate to join in the conversation, especially as regards questions of composition and other aesthetic qualities. There are usually no right or wrong answers when it comes to composition so everyone's opinion is valuable feedback. With technical issues things can be more clear cut, for example a tint due to inappropriate white balance or over sharpening will be readily apparent to experienced members who contribute critiques.

Check out back issues of the BLP Newsletter for tips and more detailed discussion of gear and technical issues and keep an eye on this Forum for news and views on all manner of bird photography related subjects. Also, think about entering our competitions which are a great way to learn and improve your photography.

Best wishes, Ian
Competition Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shane Walker

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.