blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
General discussion areas.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Discrimination 3 years 2 months ago #2685

• Melissa Bee
  • Melissa Bee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I got this rather rude email this morning:
I note that you have not edited your 2 images to meet entry requirements as requested in my email of 7 February. The easiest way to edit images is to log in to the website then go to Photo Gallery/My Photos. On the right hand side of each image click on edit. After editing click on Save (bottom left). Most members complete edit requests within 48 hours. If members have not responded after a week without a valid reason we consider rejecting the images. We would much rather have images that meet all the entry requirements and are part of the competition.
Regards

I feel very discriminated against here.

I also feel you are being unnecessarily rude.

You expect me to "KNOW" why you haven't published two of my images and expect me to "KNOW" that I need to edit them, without telling me.

I check back everywhere (even on the mail server) and you have NOT emailed me about any image.

I send back every email you've sent me - and NOWHERE is anything about "request" to edit anything.

I go and thoroughly check my images - playing guessing games now - as you haven't told me what the problem is - just left it four days before having a go at me :-(

I check my image - both of them against EVERY rule and can't find anything wrong and email same - and get ignored.

I also find one image was published - then unpublished? What the?

Edit My Image '44614'
Not published.
Originally published by Doug Castle on Sun 7th Feb, 2021 at 17:47:37
Most recently unpublished by Gary King on Mon 8th Feb, 2021 at 10:33:00
Image size: 1137473 bytes
Resolution: 1800 x 994
Viewed: 12

What is going on?

Why have you got it in for me?

If this is how you run your competitions, then count me out!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Discrimination 3 years 2 months ago #2686

• Melissa Bee
  • Melissa Bee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Seeing my comments were unwanted I removed them.
I entered those four images image because I was asked to submit images and I liked them, which was clearly stated in my comments along with the story of the image --- which was apparently not good enough? Considering how Ive been attacked and threatened I wont be entering any other birdlife competitions again!

Discrimination 3 years 2 months ago #2688

• Tim Van Leeuwen
  • Thank you received: 12
Hi Melissa,

I have just read your posting on our Forum.

I am concerned that as a long term birder you are finding the competition process so frustrating.

I can assure you that Gary King is not the sort of person who would do anything to discriminate against anyone and has done a terrific job of running our competitions over the past two years without incident. I would ask you to take Gary's comments as an offer of assistance not as criticism.

Melissa we have built structure around our competitions as a way of assisting our members develop as bird photographers. We have a Facebook page for members who just prefer to upload and share images quickly as not all members want to follow the structure of competition involvement.

As this is your first involvement with our competitions Melissa, I would be prepared to provide either extra support or support in a different kind if you would prefer ie over the phone.

Either way I would like the opportunity to discuss this issue with you so please consider what action you would prefer to take to ensure we move beyond this current situation and continue your involvement with Birdlife Photography.

Regards

Tim Van Leeuwen
President BirdLife Photography
Tim Van Leeuwen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian Wilson, Gary King, Glenn Pure, Rob Solic

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.