blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
General discussion areas.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Video Tutorials 3 years 2 months ago #2689

• Mary Wheeler
  • Mary Wheeler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6
Just wondering if anyone else is have a problem watching the recorded version of the Video Tutorials. I find it difficult to attend the original Zoom presentations at night. I am in Rural NSW , have ADSL ( not NBN) and at night time the internet is SLOW. So I have attempted to watch the recorded videos . However I only get about 2 minutes into the video when the screen " greys out" and I get message " Video playback aborted due to network error". This happened when I was watching Members inspiring Members and the latest Lightroom training video. Is it my computer? ADSL or a gremlin ???
Hope someone can help as I do enjoy these tutorials

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Mary Wheeler.

Video Tutorials 3 years 2 months ago #2690

• Rob Parker
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 113
My guess is that your internet speed is not sufficient to watch the videos in real time. The grey bar immediately below the video frame is a link which will let you either open the video in your default player or save the video.file to your computer. Try the second option; when you are downloading the file the speed is not critical, After the file has finished downloading you can play it in your default video player.

Rob
BirdLife Photography Website Administrator

Video Tutorials 3 years 2 months ago #2691

• Mary Wheeler
Thanks Rob. I will give it a go.

Video Tutorials 3 years 2 months ago #2693

• Mary Wheeler
Thanks for your help Rob but I guess my internet is just not quick enough. The video would not open in Quicktime Player so I tried to download the file but 1hr and 20minutes later it is still not finished downloading. I could read Martin Evenings book on Lightroom before it finished downloading. Back to the book!!!!

Video Tutorials 3 years 2 months ago #2694

• Rob Parker
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 113
The Lightroom video file is about 360MB; so if you know what download speed you are getting you can calculate roughly how long it will take.
BirdLife Photography Website Administrator

Video Tutorials 3 years 2 months ago #2695

• Mary Wheeler
About 600-700kb/sec ...... around 1hr 5 to 1hr 40m ... Better find a friend with NBN.

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.