blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
Discussions about cameras, lenses, accessories, and image-processing.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Any experience photo-editing on iPad Pro? 5 years 4 months ago #1998

• Ian Wilson
  • Ian Wilson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 497
Do any members have experience photo-editing using a iPad Pro? Any recommendations on RAW adjustment and conversion software gratefully received. I am aware of a number of packages for iPad, including LightRoom CC, but I have no idea how well they perform on an iPad Pro.

Thanks , Ian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Any experience photo-editing on iPad Pro? 5 years 4 months ago #1999

• Bruce Terrill
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 47
Sorry Ian,
I use Lightroom Classic subscription but wouldn't have a clue as to how it works on a Tablet system.
The following might be helpful??
https://photographylife.com/ipad-pro-lightroom-cc-mobile-photography-workflow
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1568494/0
HTH,
Bruce
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian Wilson

Any experience photo-editing on iPad Pro? 5 years 4 months ago #2000

• Ian Wilson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks Bruce for the helpful links. I have been cruising around the Internet and found details on a number of apps that might be suitable. The Affinity Photo one looks especially interesting as it appears to do RAW adjustment and conversion plus just about everything that Photoshop does. It will also read and write PSD files which is useful as my bro works on animation projects with other people who exchange PSDs as they work up scenes.

Cheers,

Ian

Any experience photo-editing on iPad Pro? 5 years 4 months ago #2001

• Bruce Terrill
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 47
No worries Ian,
The most common query that came across was how do you get the images/RAW files from your camera and into the IPod/IPad ??
Bruce

Any experience photo-editing on iPad Pro? 5 years 3 months ago #2003

• Simon Pelling
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 261
I don't have experience on editing on iPad but I use an iPad for backup when travelling, in combination with the Sandisk iExpand memory stick.

In response to Bruce's comment about loading images, I found that Canon's Camera Connect iOS app to be a poor method of transferring. In particular, when I used it (it may have since been updated) it defaulted to transferring images as JPEG only - a fact that I discovered by accident, meaning I had no Raw backup initially. And getting the camera to connect was also a pain.

I found a much simpler way is to use the Apple SD card reader, which is an SD to Lightning adapter which costs about 30 bucks, from memory. Using this, raw files are transferred directly into Photos app. They can then be backed up onto the Sandisk stick using a Sandisk app which works quite intuitively. Using this method you can keep three copies if you are paranoid - one on the SD card, one on the ipad and one on the Sandisk (assuming you have enough capacity in each of course).

Simon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian Wilson

Any experience photo-editing on iPad Pro? 5 years 3 months ago #2004

• Ian Wilson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks Simon, all good info. I am most interested in photo-editing on the iPad Pro. Adobe have apparently announced they will provide PSE as an app for iPad and Affinity Photo have already launched their iPad app which looks a lot like ACR + PSE. I have not yet tried out the Affinity Photo app but if one is to believe the reviews, it should be very handy for photographers who only have an iPad or want to process a few frames on an iPad while travelling.
Cheers, Ian

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.