blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
General discussion areas.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

High quality images 6 years 6 months ago #1430

• Linda Bostelaar
  • Linda Bostelaar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi there,
I submitted my first photo to the critique gallery yesterday, and noticed that straight away it is classed as high quality (or not).
I am wondering what criteria a photo needs to meet to be a high quality shot - particularly given the seemingly automated allocation.
Thanks,
Linda

Please Log in to join the conversation.

High quality images 6 years 6 months ago #1432

• Desmond Hokin
  • Thank you received: 11
Hi Linda,
I'm sure Rob or one of the members will pop in soon to clarify, but my understanding is that the BLP site has (and may still be) undergoing a bit of housekeeping to help ensure the site stays relevant, useful, and informative for aspiring members to improve their skills and technique.

The high -quality tag is one way to help with that monumental task of housekeeping (that is done by only a few people volunteering their time)

Last edit: by Desmond Hokin.

High quality images 6 years 6 months ago #1433

• Linda Bostelaar
Thank you for taking the time to reply, Des :)

High quality images 6 years 6 months ago #1434

• Glenn Pure
  • Thank you received: 204
Actually, this is a confusing tag but it should be ignored for now. It is used by the people assessing images for the Premier Bird Images gallery. There is an explanation of what this tag means in the second paragraph under 'The Selection Process'. Since the Premier Bird Images gallery is still being established and is likely to take a considerable for all our current images to be assessed, it's unlikely many images will have this tag set simply because the image probably hasn't been reviewed yet. If it has been set, it may well be an error.

http://www.birdlifephotography.org.au/index.php/about-us/our-galleries/premier-bird-images-gallery

High quality images 6 years 6 months ago #1435

• Linda Bostelaar
Thank you for your response and the link, Glenn.
(Your profile picture of the female Satin Bowerbird is stunning).

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.