blp shabash 430x45
Inspiring and Supporting Photographers of Australian Birds

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
When posting a new topic, please ensure that you select the correct category for your post in the top drop-down box of the edit window. The default entry is the first category shown on the All Categories page; this is unlikely to be the category that you want. The Category drop-down box will be present if you click the New Topic tab in the Forum menu; if you are viewing a particular category of the Forum and you use the New Topic button in the Category Header section, the drop-down box will not be present, and your new post topic will automatically appear in the category that you are viewing.
Post links to your video clips; discuss video techniques.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

White-winged Choughs "wing wave" 7 years 6 months ago #748

• Les Peters
  • Les Peters's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 49
A short clip from a longer sequence of the birds just after they had landed. Here they undertake a short display and them moved off at speed. Sadly, we are looking almost straight into the sun.

White-winged Choughs "wing wave"

Sony FDR AX100 clips look better when they are recorded at 4K and dropped to down to 1080. This clip was shot handheld at maximum zoom -around 350mm, which is effectively 24 times magnification.As you can see, the stablisation is pretty effective.
I'll try to get some 4K footage for you to see. When dropped to 1080, this looks much better than the clips simply recorded at 1080. There's much better colour and detail.

It's quite a fun camera to use. I expect to do better with it as I get my head around shooting video. :-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:

CONTACT US

The easiest way to contact us is by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Our People page, in the About Us section, contains email links to each of the committee members.